Hearing Aids for Consumers, Parents, and Non-Audiologist Professionals
This webinar is for deaf and hard of hearing (DHH) consumers, parents of DHH children, and non-audiologist professionals who work with DHH populations. The following topics will be covered:
- How hearing aids work
- Benefits and limitations of hearing aids
- Hearing aids and access to spoken language
- Hearing aid myths and facts
- What to know about buying new hearing aids
The webinar will be hosted via Zoom and presented in spoken English. ASL interpreters will be provided. Additional accommodations such as CART must be requested 2 weeks in advance. This webinar is not presently offered for CEUs with any professional organization; however, Audiology Outside the Box is working to arrange continuing education credit for future events.
$29 USD per participant
AuD 101: How to Succeed as a Deaf or Hard of Hearing Student
This webinar is for current and prospective audiology students who are deaf or hard of hearing (DHH). Whether you are a current AuD student, undergraduate student considering an AuD program, or DHH person thinking about a career change into audiology, this webinar has something to offer you. The following topics will be covered:
- What to expect from classes and clinical rotations in an AuD program
- Common challenges for DHH AuD students and how to manage them
- DHH-friendly accommodations and modifications for clinical tasks
- Self-advocacy and effective communication with instructors and clinical preceptors
- Advantages that DHH people can bring to the audiology profession
This webinar will be hosted via Zoom and presented in spoken English. ASL interpreters will be provided. Additional accommodations such as CART must be requested 2 weeks in advance.
$20 USD per participant
Dr. Sparks also offers customized presentations for parent, community, or professional groups. Click below to contact her for a price quote.
Audiology Outside the Box offers workshops and webinars for:
- Deaf and hard of hearing children and adults
- Families of deaf and hard of hearing children and adults
- Audiologists and other professionals working with deaf and hard of hearing populations
- Anyone who wants to learn more about communication, hearing, and related topics!
These are available for individuals and groups anywhere in the world. Workshops and presentations for in-person events can also be arranged. Audiology Outside the Box educational presentations offer expertise in communication, hearing, balance, tinnitus, and other audiology-related topics.
- A Crash Course on Hearing Aids/Cochlear Implants
- Creative Communication Strategies for Your Family
- Balance and Your Deaf or Hard of Hearing Child
- Audiology 101 for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Consumers
- Coping with Tinnitus
- Getting the Most out of Your Audiology Appointment
- Deaf Culture and Audiology Services
- Sign Language and Hearing Technologies for Children